Re: nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 02:52:10PM -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> 2008/3/25 Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 07:14:15AM -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >  > On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:49 PM, David Kramer <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  > >  Also, I got disgusted with the fights between livna and atrpms a long
> >  > >  time ago, and now I don't have a single livna package on my system.
> >  >
> >  > There in lies your problem. Always go with Livna.
> >
> >  I wasn't aware of these fights [1], but obviously Arthur is one of the
> >  fighters. I think these fighters are the real problem.
>
> Oh by all means no. I am not fighting anything. I consume several of
> the Atrpms packages.

Well, still you blatantly advise someone to always skip ATrpms in
favour of another repo while his problem had nothing to do with repo
selection but with yum detecting a wrong CPU type for his system (i586
vs i686).

> On another note, if someone needs me to come in with a leather strap
> and beat all the third party repos into cooperation I will be happy
> to do so.

Watch out, some may like your treat and deliberately refuse
cooperation so they get more ... ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net