Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

David G. Mackay wrote:

Now, if we're talking a system that's handling financial transactions
that has to be available 24/7, then it's another situation entirely.

I assumed that the word 'servers' in the subject meant that the services mattered to someone...

I've been in shops like that, and am aware of the practices necessary to
sustain that.  I don't, however, need a disaster recovery plan with a
hot backup site for my video and music collection.

If reliability over some long interval isn't important to you, then this thread probably isn't very interesting.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx