Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 16:52 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> David G. Mackay wrote:
> > Not really.  If you have sufficient resources (disk, memory, processing
> > power) on your desktop, then you can run fedora, and a virtual copy of
> > Centos (which runs just fine under kvm on F7).  If you don't have
> > hardware assisted virtualization, you can still run vmware, qemu, xen,
> > etc.
>
> So when Fedora won't boot you lose both. Brilliant.

You have heard of rescue cds, I trust, and backups.  Actual disk
corruption is extremely rare, these days, but if that were a concern you
could always put your server image on a seperate partition.  The chances
of actually losing something are pretty minimal.  Down time could be a
bit higher, especially as you tend to reboot fedora systems to install
new kernels or hal, etc.

Dave