Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

Roger Heflin wrote:

The problem is that the enterprise OS's ship buggy kernels too, I have

Of course they do, I'd be surprised to hear if anyone has shipped a 100% bug free kernel, whether it be Linux, Solaris, AIX, Windows or whatever. The point though is that RHEL is less of a moving target, if you current setup works then an update to the kernel is less likely to break anything, than say Fedora which frequently ships new versions of the kernel.

And the second you add a driver and/or XFS on to RHEL5 you are now tainted and *UNSUPPORTED*.

Compared to Fedora where you are *UNSUPPORTED* at the offset?

--
Ian Chapman.