Re: Installing Fedora 8 on Intel Core Duo

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 16:54 +0000, Giulio Troccoli wrote:

> Some more info. Even though I have taken the two option off, I still
> have a black monitor. However I can ssh from my laptop, so it's not that
> the server is not booting up. A friend suggested that it might be
> something to do with the frequency, maybe Fedora is trying to optimizing
> but the monitor doesn't support it. Do you know where I can check what
> the current settings are?

Could check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and see what driver is being
used.  If need be, can try changing it to the "vesa" driver and see if
that at least gives you a working X desktop.  If you do get a working
desktop, you can run system-config-display to try getting the proper
driver/monitor selected if not already done.

You can also maybe boot to run level 3 if it allows you, and maybe
update your computer first, then try changing the xorg.conf driver back
to intel or whatever it is and do a reboot and see if the updates help.
Or you may even just delete your xorg.conf file after the updates and
see if x picks it up this time.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx