Re: Installing Fedora 8 on Intel Core Duo

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 15:59 -0400, David C. Chipman wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:21:26 +0000
Hi Mathew,
Try booting without the startup GUI.  Maybe you can get more
information.

This is a great suggestion.
At the GRUB splash screen, press Enter.
		Except for the above. Giulio should pres Esc, instead,
to get into the GRUB menu. Enter starts the default kernel, cancelling
the GRUB count-down. Otherwise the rest of the commands look fine. Good
luck, Giulio!

Thanks for the correction...

			-David Chipman

Matthew, David,

Thank you very much. That actually worked. I was presenting with the final installation steps, like firewall and setting up a user. I have rebooted and the same thing happened. I thought that the final steps would somehow take care of booting up correctly too. So, how do I make those changes permanent?

Giulio