Re: Installing Fedora 8 on Intel Core Duo

It's an interesting question that I don't have an answer to, why the
rhgb invocation of X fails where the post-boot one succeeds.  What is
your video card?
Some more info. Even though I have taken the two option off, I still have a black monitor. However I can ssh from my laptop, so it's not that the server is not booting up. A friend suggested that it might be something to do with the frequency, maybe Fedora is trying to optimizing but the monitor doesn't support it. Do you know where I can check what the current settings are?

On your question, it should be an Intel GMA 950. but that doesn't mean much to me. Do you want me to check something specific? Let me know.

Giulio