Re: gtkpod -

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 21:17 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Tim wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:22 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> >
> >>     Unfortunately the iPod I have to experiment with this morning
> >>     belongs to a teen aged grandson and contains nothing but whining
> >>     adolescents singing, a horror to work with!
> >>

> > Now's your chance to put some proper music on it...  ;-)
> >

>     I never did succeed in saving to the iPod!  I changed a .wmv to an
>     .mp3 and put it in the gtkpod list without much trouble but
>     apparently I would have to load the entire list back into the device
>     and I didn't have the courage to try that.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding your situation, there's no need
to do that. You can just drag a single song (or album, or selected group
etc.) to the ipod. Then hit the "Save Changes" button and you're set.

In fact this is the standard way of uploading to the ipod from gtkpod.
There is no function equivalent to "synchronize my ipod with my
computer", which is why it took me a while to understand it. The various
places in the interface that mention "synchronize" are talking about
synchronizing the internal gtkpod database with the various data
sources, such as your music folders on the computer. Totally non-obvious
IMHO but it works once you get used to it.

poc