Re: gtkpod -

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:22 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
    Unfortunately the iPod I have to experiment with this morning
    belongs to a teen aged grandson and contains nothing but whining
adolescents singing, a horror to work with!

Now's your chance to put some proper music on it...  ;-)

   I never did succeed in saving to the iPod!  I changed a .wmv to an
   .mp3 and put it in the gtkpod list without much trouble but
   apparently I would have to load the entire list back into the device
   and I didn't have the courage to try that.

   The kid took his iPod back as soon as he came in from school, he's
   really worried about it, it's a new one and right off he left it in
   his pants pocket and it went through the washer and dryer.  The
   display went black, my comment was throw it away.  His mother let it
   dry for a few days and viola, it works again!

   There are two more iPods around so I'll get another chance at one
   before long.  The mother has one with a better selection on it.