Re: Copying a Hard Disk Containing Windows With Fedora

Markus Kesaromous wrote:
I meant that the clonezilla  package is an ISO you
must burn to cdrom and boot from it.
Once booted, and you select to clone disk to disk or
partition to partition (which was the case I used), it
took it 6 hours to finish cloning a 42 GB partition,
of which only 17.5GB were in use (according to clonezilla).

You must have some major misconfiguration, or the version of clonezilla you used was messed up somehow. I regularly copy 500G partitions (300G data) - it takes just about 2 hours. The disk speed is somewhere around 20-30MB/s

By the way, clonezilla also has a broadcast option if you need multiple clones.