Re: Where's the print que

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 06:20 -0500, pursley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello all.  I figured I'd better add this note.
>
> The only reason that I brought this up was that I sent several documents
> to the printer and they didn't print nor did I get any kind of error
> messages.  That's when I noticed that there were no options for me to
> quickly open a listing of the print que.  I do know how to go into the
> que manually via the text prompt but was wondering why I couldn't from
> Xwindows.  BTW: I still never found out why the docs never printed as
> they vanished from the que without an error or any output of any kind -
> yet still another mystery to be investigated later.

Another idea... something which has occasionally frustrated me is that
the print dialog remembers options from previous print jobs. On one
occasion I couldn't work out why nothing had printed until I realised
that it was printing only page 5 (of a 3 page document) and hence doing
nothing (silently).

Perhaps check that the "Print Pages" options (on the General tab) and
the options on the Page Setup tab (e.g. Only print: Even sheets) are as
you expect and will actually generate some output.

--
Mark Knoop