Re: Install FC8 over HTTP

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 14:42 -0400, Devon Harding wrote:
> Ok, this would be an example server and path to use for HTTP?
>
> http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/

It might be worth bearing in mind, and verifying, what someone else said
about network installs a little while ago:  The installer doesn't GPG
check the packages it's installing from a network, it presumes that
they're okay.  There's two issues with that:  Accidental corruption, and
deliberate tampering with files.

If you're doing a local HTTP install, using installation files that
you've already verified (e.g. you downloaded the DVD ISO, and ran the
checksum test on it), then that doesn't matter.  But if you're taking
files from some public server, you risk the integrity of your system, in
the hope that the public server hasn't been compromised.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.