Re: Install FC8 over HTTP

As I remember it, you specify a server and a path.  The server is one of
the mirror sites, and the path is the directory on the mirror to where
the "repodata" directory is located.

For example, on the "University of Nebraska Lincoln" mirror for an i386
install:
   server: mirror.unl.edu
   path: /fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/
I went to fedoraproject.org, selected "get fedora," selected "see all
mirrors" down nearer the bottom of the page, and used the area at the
top right of the mirrors list to only show me F8 i386 mirrors.

Ok, this would be an example server and path to use for HTTP?

http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/