Re: a request for wireless conection with the latest kernel.

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:50:19 +0100
Jan Brosius <jan.brosius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I use fedora 8. I just installed the latest kernel and the nvidia module
kmod-nvidia and now the nvidia driver doesn't work anymore with the
oldest kernel.  The nvidia driver does work with the latest kernel  but
my wireless connection doesn't work with the latest kernel. On the other
hand my wireless connection does work with the oldest kernel (but not
the nvidia driver).

rpm -e "whatever the nvidia driver rpm is called"

install kernel version that you want to use

rpm -i "http://rpm.livna.org/whatever-nvidia-driver-you-require"

Note that I don't use the nvidia stuff so I'm not entire sure that this will
work, but I don't see any obvious reason why it wouldn't.

Thanks for the hint but I needed also a xorg-nvidia-drv package for my old kernel and that package is not available anymore at livna.
So I hope that there will come a new kernel that gives me back a wireless connection.