Re: Konqueror vs Firefox

2008/3/7 Brian <Brian.Mingus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'll try those tests on a few of the above machines but Gmail doesn't even
> render in Konq

More fairly, Gmail does not support Konqueror. The Gmail team took the
time to make sure it worked in IE, Firefox and Safari, and "blocked'
everything else. If they could get IE to work, they very well should
be able to get Konqueror to work. It does technically work, I just
tried it on my outdated version of Konqueror, please see this :
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1195

> so there is no way I will use it even if it's faster on the
> rendering test.

Fair enough. For me, rendering of sites in general is more important
than Gmail, plus I kinda like the simple Gmail view sometimes

> I chose the SunSpider test specifically because more and
> more sites are becoming Javascript heavy.

Well I use NoScript in Firefox, so being Javascript heavy is the
website's problem.. I likely won't be visiting it too much.

> Your stopwatch test would only be in Konq's favor for sites that didn't use
> javascript. Every single time Konq has to process javascript, you're going
> to be waiting.

I think it would be more fair to say that it will favour websites that
don't use Javascript _heavily_. Because as I have said, when I do
browse, I use it, and it is faster... I doubt that I only browse non
javascript using websites.

( www.pembo13.com )