Re: Konqueror vs Firefox

Sunspider: http://webkit.org/perf/sunspider-0.9/sunspider.html

This doesn't benchmark everything, but _javascript_ is important to me as I use apps such as Gmail constantly. Since these apps tend not to work in Konqueror anyway, they may not be relevant to you. But anything Konq does in _javascript_ is way slower than other browsers.

You can use lisa to generate page rendering benchmarks on FF. You'll have to find some other app to do it on Konq. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1743

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2008/3/6 Brian <Brian.Mingus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I strongly advise against using Konqueror. Use Firefox 3. Here are some
> benchmarks I ran just yesterday.

How did you generate these tests? Firefox is about 7 times slower than
Konqueror for me.

( www.pembo13.com )