Re: libdvdread - lsdvd errors

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 17:57 +0100, Olivier Robert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help guys, appreciated.
>
> Actually, I think I found a work around.
> - If I insert a DVD and try to list its table of content, it'll fail.
> - If I start xine (installed with extras, and extras-nonfree), and
> start playing the DVD, I can list the table of content. And DVD::rip
> will work just fine.
> It's as if xine triggers something (the use of libdvdcss?)
>
> Anyway, it's working with this trick.

I guess this begs the questions, do the third party repos still have a
version that REALLY works and, if so, why would Fedora get into the act
when they have all of these worries over "legal" content in the US? I
just bought THX-1138, the Director's Cut with a second DVD with all
kinds of tracks of documentary.

I can play all the tracks individually, except #1 and #7 (which has what
I really wanted, the Original College Brew version of THX) It looks like
it was put through a video cheese grinder. I just ranted at the guy I
bought it from on eBay, I'd hate like hell to think it was someone
interfering with what was working fine before an update. <sighs> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar