Re: libdvdread - lsdvd errors

Hi,

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated.

Actually, I think I found a work around.
- If I insert a DVD and try to list its table of content, it'll fail.
- If I start xine (installed with extras, and extras-nonfree), and start playing the DVD, I can list the table of content. And DVD::rip will work just fine.
It's as if xine triggers something (the use of libdvdcss?)

Anyway, it's working with this trick.

++
Olivier

2008/2/5, Joe Smith <jes@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> If your installation is correct,  beware that there is a new libdvdread
> from Fedora,
> which replaced the ones which were being provided by third party repos.
> Maybe this is the source of your problem ...

There are also disks on the market with stupid "copy protection"
nonsense: on-disk structures that break libdvdread--but not hardware
players, I guess.

I don't remember if the errors I got were the same as what you quoted,
but I Googled a part of the error message text and found reports of
which disks are causing problems.

Wait a sec... here it is:
http://tobias.rautenkranz.ch/libdvdread_ifo.html.en

<Joe