Re: fc8 how to stop gui pop-up notifications of available updates??

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

> It would appear that on Feb 8, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook did say:
>
> All fail to find matches to remove... {sigh}
>
> Hmmmmnnn maybe if I edit puplet to comment out the whole script and
> insert one executable line:
> echo "what, run puplet?   haha hahaha!"
> And remove all the yum-updatesd links from /etc/rc.d/rc*.d.
>
> That seams to work for now...
> But probably the next yum update will re-install working copies...
> {sigh}

This behavior is extremely annoying.  I'm running some systems that for
security I don't want connected to the internet.  The updatesd service
continually complains about not being able to connect.  If I stop the
service and save that configuration, popups keep telling me that it is
disabled.  On systems connected to the net, updatesd starts immediately on
boot and blocks yum access until it is finished.  Again, if disabled, it
keeps telling me that fact.  Shades of Micro$oft.

Robert McBroom