Re: fc8 how to stop gui pop-up notifications of available updates??

I haven't seen any other replies, so here goes...

Two things come to mind offhand: yum-updatesd and /usr/bin/puplet.

Puplet, by default, is listed as "Software Update Notifier", one of the
Startup Programs in System -> Preferences -> Personal -> Sessions in
gnome. The puplet gui update notification shows up on my gnome desktop
in the notification area applet, on the panel. I'm not sure how that's
integrated into kde, but apparently it, or a comparable app, is, in some
way, shape or form.

Puplet is probably the "culprit" in question, but I mentioned
yum-updatesd since it communicates update notification to puplet via
dbus (I think?). And based on what you've said, you may want to disable
that system service as well as the session startup item.

Or, if it's nagging you about updates, you could just install the
updates :p. Unless, of course, something is broken, and it keeps nagging
you to install the update, even after you install it. But something like
that could _never_ happen, right? ;p

hth,
- gabriel