Re: bug in network manager? newbie

Jan Brosius wrote:

> Yesterday evening I updated network  manager and the kernel.
> After that update I can't get a wireless connection anymore. Even worse
> when I click on the networkmanager icon there is no option anymore to
> connect to a wireless network. Before this update everything worked
> though I had sometimes to restart manually networkmanager (it seemed
> then that networkmanager stopped too early trying to get a connection)

I can't help you, but am just taking the opportunity
to express the view that one of the problems with NetworkManager
is that it is not at all clear (to me)
what one should do if it fails as in the case above.

At least with the traditional WiFi connection
one can check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-?
and restart the network service.
Admittedly that does not often help,
but at least one has some idea what is happening.

WiFi is easily the weakest feature of Fedora, IMHO.
It is badly organized and badly documented.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366