Re: HELP: External 250G USB screwed with GParted

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 11:22 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> I think this is the difference in our thinking.
>
> When I don't have knowledge of something, I actually cite the best
> source I have and relate that I haven't seen any information that
> disputes it.

When faced with something you don't know anything about, you quote from
someone else and just depend on faith that they're correct.

> Here you have stated an argument without any evidence to substantiate
> your beliefs.

I quote from knowledge, what I already know about, through education and
experience.  As a simple example, if I answer a question using Ohms law
I don't also prove Ohms law at the same time.  Though, if the other
person then asks for more information, I'll give it if it's not too
painful to do.

You might have tried a less antagonistic way of asking how I provided
that information in the first place.  On the basis of your current
argument, you need to be backing up every thing you advise on this list
with supportive evidence.  NB:  Saying that some guy from some company
told you something doesn't count.

> Thanks for your theories...I would probably believe them if I hadn't
> caught you talking about things your didn't know in the past.

If you're going to cast such accusations, you better back that up with