RE: CD and DVD ISO images

> The latest Fedora newsletter triggered this. Someone was asking about
> CD-sized ISO images.

 <snip>

> Most, but not all, of my too-numerous computers have DVD drives, and
> right now I'm looking at installing something that I
> downloaded as a DVD
> image on a system that hasn't a DVD drive.
>
> What do others think?

I occationally load Fedora on systems which do not have DVD drivers.
I usually mount the DVD on a system with the DVD and then copy the
contents to an exported file system.

On the non-DVD machine I boot from the CD image and specify an
NFS install using the DVD image on the other machine.  Works fine
if you have "too-many" computers as do many of us on this list.

In theory, I believe you could export the DVD file system directly
for use with NFS.  I have never tried this myself.

Bob S
Phoenix, AZ USA