Re: HELP: External 250G USB screwed with GParted

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 23:04 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 15:31 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > I had the service manager from Edge Technologies (appeared to be
> > knowledgeable) tell me that all standard USB cables are suitable for
> > USB 2.0
>
> Though how many cheap cables were sold that were really suitable for
> nothing other than tying in a knot?
>
> But I'd tend to challenge their assertion.  There's a huge increase in
> speed between the two, and that means a very large bandwidth change.
> It's a much higher signal frequency in use, and any crappy cable
> termination, or other cable characteristics, will have a worse effect on
> it.
----
I think this is the difference in our thinking.

When I don't have knowledge of something, I actually cite the best
source I have and relate that I haven't seen any information that
disputes it.

Here you have stated an argument without any evidence to substantiate
your beliefs.

Thanks for your theories...I would probably believe them if I hadn't
caught you talking about things your didn't know in the past.

Craig