Re: Off Topic: can anyone recommend a USB KVM

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 11:16 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
Most USB based KVM's require PS2 keyboard and mouse, and they connect
to the client machines via USB - those generally work, though, with
caveats.

Not when I've looked.  Most KVMs were either all PS/2 or all USB, inputs
and outputs.  Ones that were a converter in the middle were the least
common available products, around here.

Odd. I'd have thought you had ready access to Laser. I have one, PS/2 in and 4X USB out. It's junk. Regularly locks up requiring cycling power, a hassle as it's host-powered. It's got selection buttons, but common keystrokes also cause it to switch. Sometimes its interaction with the host USB causes the latter to fail. Most recently it's ceased to work.

I'm following this thread with some interest.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait