Re: Off Topic: can anyone recommend a USB KVM

On Sat January 19 2008, John Summerfield wrote:
> I rather think Claude's looking for users' experience, not just a
> catalogue of what's available.

Yes, exactly. There are two all USB KVM's I've tried, and both were flaky, a
Startech and an Avocent. So far, I don't think anyone has addressed the
precise question, or at least, not with sufficient precision. Most USB based
KVM's require PS2 keyboard and mouse, and they connect to the client machines
via USB - those generally work, though, with caveats. I'm looking
specifically for a KVM that accepts USB keyboard and mouse, and connects to
clients via USB, AND WORKS -- that's the criteria. I'll check the IOGear
units, which I have had good results with, but, the ones I've used were PS2
inputs from the mouse and keyboard, and USB to clients. Since the respondent
who suggested IOGear didn't specify precisely what his units' specs were, I
still don't know whether he was addressing my specific question...

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA