Re: Decorum needs to be raised.

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> I skip: boring topics, known flamewars, and threads I know I'll just be
> inclined to flame on.

I typically exercise K-mail's delete-thread a lot, too.  A mute-thread for
K-mail I'd love, so that incoming e-mail on a muted thread is automatically
deleted.  Hmmm, I wonder....nope, ignore thread just marks incoming messages
in that thread as 'read' - I'd love a 'nuke thread' option that deleted
incoming messages in that thread.

> Do not feed the trolls.

This is good advice to a degree.  Unfortunately, troll content creates signal
to noise problems in the archives; if someone searches the Fedora archives
for 'Java Solutions' the wrong procedures and ideas will be found.
Correcting incorrect factual information is a necessary thing.

Doing it without getting upset is more difficult.

Incidentally, love you .sig.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer