Re: Decorum needs to be raised.

On 04Jan2008 11:26, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Leslie Satenstein wrote:
| > I have been in IT for 40 years, and in that time I learned a lesson or two.
| >
| > a)  Respect the other person.  He is entitled to different ideas.
| >
| > b) I was once a beginner with lots to learn, and with only a fixed
| > number of hours in the day. Respect me if you recognize the fact that I
| > may not know all the answers. The same applies for your peers.
|
| What do you propose be done with people that claim they know *much* more
| than they actually do?

You could ignore them instead of flaming them. My delete-thread key gets
regular use. I still need to duplicate GMail's mute-thread function...

I skip: boring topics, known flamewars, and threads I know I'll just be
inclined to flame on.

Do not feed the trolls.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Men are four:
    He who knows and knows that he knows; he is wise, follow him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows; he is asleep, wake him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not; he is ignorant, teach him.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not; he is a fool, spurn him!