Re: Roadnav required library missing from x86_64 F8

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:39:35 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Specifically:
> libexpat.so.0()(64bit)
>
> Or at least this is what the attempted install of
> roadnav-0.19-1.f7.x86_64.rpm claims.  There is no x86_64 download yet
> for F8 on the roadnav site.  Message left for the author, but it looks
> like he's gone on to other things according to his site.
>
> I did a file against the libexpat.so.1.5.2 that was installed and linked
> to libexpat.so.1, (this was a clean the disk install folks) and it
> claims to be a 32 bit file.  WTH?
>
> Am I going to have to blow this install away and put the i386 back in to
> get a library compatible with a 32 bit version of roadnav?
>
> Or is it possible that the libexpat src rpm might build on x86_64?  I've
> not had that great a luck doing those operations over the years, its
> almost easier for me to package things with checkinstall.
>
> Thanks for any help on this.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> "We shall reach greater and greater platitudes of achievement." --
> Richard J. Daley

Don't bother with 32 bit, I have roadnav on 32 bit and it crashes. It
starts, displays stuff, but as soon as I open map->address and it
crashes. I'm running the latest roadnav-0.19. But then mplayer also
crashes after 20-30 minutes of play, which is also a first. It may be
something with my video hardware or my video drivers, you may have more
luck though. With roadmap I suspect it's roadmap though.