Re: snmpwalk? (related to hplip)

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Ed Greshko wrote:
> That's because my copy/paste was truncated.  :-(  Lamar got it right,
> net-snmp-utils.  Must have coffee....  Sorry...

Coffee?  At 10PM?

Oh, you're in Taipei!  UTC+0800... that explains it.

Yeah, I got to play around with snmpwalk while troubleshooting why OpenNMS
wasn't picking up the interfaces on a Cisco Catalys 5500 here.  Turned out it
was a timeout issue; the Cat5500 simply sent more data (all 13 slots are
filled, so there's lots of interfaces!) than OpenNMS could handle in the time
allotted; so I set up the timeout, and the discovery finished properly,
giving me the interfaces.  OpenNMS is a real jewel!  The current unstable
release (1.3.9) is available in a yum repository.  While it does need a Sun
Java on CentOS 5 (I haven't tried on a F8 install, simply because I don't run
Fedora servers), it works marvelously.  Once you get the repos set up
properly, yum install opennms pulls in everything you need, and you run a
script, and there you are!
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer