Re: Stop anacron?

inode0 wrote:
On Dec 25, 2007 8:46 AM, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The obvious choice to me would be to turn off cron and let anacron run
since I believe it comes on sometime [programmable] after boot.  My
problem being that I normally shut the computer down at night  and get
up early on the morning  sometimes before and sometimes after cron runs.

However I believe cron must be left on or anacron won't run?

You could always just change the time cron trips its routine
processing by changing /etc/crontab to a time more suitable for your
needs too.

John

   Yes, I have been considering doing that too.  If I set cron to run
   at 07:00 I could stop anacron and would probably have a log entry
   most every day.

   I just thought I might be missing something that everyone else knew
   about ...

   Bob Goodwin.