Re: Stop anacron?

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 18:59 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
Bob Goodwin said the following on 12/24/2007 08:34 AM Pacific Time:
How can I stop anacron from running if cron has already run just before?

Or if they would each save to different log files I guess that would work too.

As it is if the computer is running at four in the morning both are saved to a file that is sent to me and I wind up reading through essentially the same set of data twice. A minor thing I suppose but I would prefer getting it only once.

Bob Goodwin

Some people (like me) simply disable anacron for this reason on all of my boxes. None of my cron jobs are so important that they need to be run if they missed their originally scheduled time--particularly on laptops.

chkconfig --del anacron

I think : chkconfig anacron off

would be the less traumatic thing to do.
--

The obvious choice to me would be to turn off cron and let anacron run since I believe it comes on sometime [programmable] after boot. My problem being that I normally shut the computer down at night and get up early on the morning sometimes before and sometimes after cron runs.

However I believe cron must be left on or anacron won't run?

BobG