Re: Need a fetchmail guru (JoAnne D.?) who's been using it to pop his/her gmail

On Monday 24 December 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Cuz then I'd have to read lkml from firefox, whereas everything is now
>>> handled by kmail.  Habits are hard to break.
>>
>>I'm missing something here.  Why can't you send everything to gmail and
>>read from anywhere with any mailer that does imap?  I'm still using
>>fetchmail and my own imap server but only because I set it up before
>>gmail supported imap.
>
>I have embarked on the journey to imap on 2 or 3 occasions here, but have
>totally failed to make kmail, running as a normal user, even find the imap
>repo.  And its a possibility I didn't have that setup correctly either.
>There needs to be an 'Imap for big dummies' book written I guess.

One other thing I'm noticing while in the process of this little catchup
exercise, is that quite often the kmail 'remove dups' function isn't catching
near all of them.  The reason is that the subject lines, particularly those
that were relayed through vz, are often mangled by additional spaces or tabs
at about the 60th character.  Is this something I should yell at vz over, or
just a fact of life?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)