Re: Need real beginners kernel exploration advice !?

Hi Todd;
On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 10:33 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Your google-fu is weak then. ;)

On some days it really is weak.  I must of spent a couple of hours
looking for those sources using as search criteria "Fedora 8 source" and
many variations thereof. Thanks for finding them.

Shouldn't the Wiki have an obvious link to them? (a rhetorical question)

> The Fedora release notes have a section on the kernel and they point
> you to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel for info on how
> to build a custom kernel.  This includes how to download the kernel
> srpm and expand it into a full source tree that you can poke around
> in.

I'll be damned, the link above is obvious.  I don't know how I missed
it, but it has most of the things I wanted to know.

No explanation, I even went to bed early last night.  Oh well.

--
Regards Bill