Re: access ipod files?

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 14:18 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I don't know where he was plugging it in to charge it but obviously
> it was a USB without power.  The battery was dead!

A lot of devices expect power from USB in a manner against the specs
(wanting too much current without specifically asking for it, or wanting
more than can be supplied, anyway).  On some computers they'll
accommodate, others will not and you'll not get enough current to run
the device, and you can get random USB failures while you use your PC.

You can get 5 Volt plugpacks that have a female USB connector, and
that'll allow you to charge USB powered devices without a PC.  If you're
just playing an Ipod, and rarely changing the contents, that's more
practical that running a PC just to charge its batteries.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.