access ipod files?

   I have one of my grandson's iPods plugged into a USB connector and I
   see two icons on my desktop one labeled "Apple iPod Music Player"
   which I can't mount, and a second icon with "Luc & Matt" their XP
   computer name.

   Is there an application that will enable me to access the contents
   of the iPod device?  That is, list the contents or play the music,
   save it and put it on a cd?  Anything useful that might impress them
   when they come home from school.

   Bob Goodwin