Re: access ipod files?

Chris Jones wrote:

Amarok, just to name one.

A word of caution. When I got my video ipod at the start of this year, I tried to get in syncing under linux, using both amarok and gtkpod. Both times the thing got corrupted and I was forced to resync under iTunes. After that I gave up trying ...

I not saying its impossible - A lot of people manage it. Just saying if you screw up your granson's iPod that might, hmm, reduce how impressed he is with you ;)

One day I might try again myself, but I wouldn't want to start experimenting again with someone else's ipod ...

cheers Chris

Thanks for the warning! But it didn't work at all when he gave it to me so I'm safe there.

   I don't know where he was plugging it in to charge it but obviously
   it was a USB without power.  The battery was dead!  All I had to do
   was charge it and it appears to be working.  His complaint was that
   it would not turn on, no lights.  It does that now ...  I don't have
   the headset, just the usb cable that plugs in the bottom.

   Bob Goodwin