Re: list subject

I'm never particularly interested in which list has how many emails or seeing unrelated folder structure.

Not unrelated. I have, say, a folder for all lists Fedora, under which I have a list, devel, announce, desktop etc. folder for each fedora list. Similar for ubuntu, mac, KDE etc.

To have all these merged into a single folder. Makes no sense to me.

I simply cannot imagine any system being more efficient than this,

Don't you still have to visit each folder if you actually want to read the mail or even see the subjects?

yes but come on - If this takes a significant fraction of the time it takes you to read your email, then you need a better email reader...

And I don't have much use for a list of folders hiding the contents that I want to read.

My system does not hide any content at all. It simple sorts it for me.

Each to their own...

Chris