Re: list subject

Chris Jones wrote:

Then in my mail reader (where ever that might be running) I simple point it at the imap server, and tell it to check for new email in each folder (in thunderbird just right click on each folder and choose properties). Then, whenever I check for new email (via the Get mail button) I can 'at a glance' scan all my folders and see which list has new email, and how many.

I'm never particularly interested in which list has how many emails or seeing unrelated folder structure.

I simply cannot imagine any system being more efficient than this,

Don't you still have to visit each folder if you actually want to read the mail or even see the subjects?

and the idea that having all email in a single folder, and then scanning that folder for new mail by hand, is somehow more efficient is simply nonsense (IMHO).

My inbox sorts in reverse date order so new mail is at the top, and I delete most as I read, sometimes by thread if I've gotten behind and the most recent message shows that the previous ones would not be interesting.

This is why personally I dislike lists than mangle the message subject, as I really have no use for this (doesn't spot me signing up of course).

And I don't have much use for a list of folders hiding the contents that I want to read.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx