Re: Fedora and Ubuntu

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Nov 30, 2007 12:07 PM, Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 29 November 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
    At this time I can say the Ubuntu update system is very superior to
Pup and yum used on Fedora. I suggest Fedora look close at Ubuntu and
see how to get it working here.
Having worked with Ubuntu, and done a few 7.04 to 7.10 upgrades through that
GUI, I'll second this.  After doing the initial update, a section of the
updater is added, which includes a button to do a version upgrade.  No reboot
until the packages are downloaded and installed, then you reboot into the
upgraded system.  The Debian systems have for a long time had a smoother
version upgrade mechanism.

Seriously though, you guys need to stop feeding Karl. More so, stop
quoting him, there by getting his post past my filters.

Thank you.

Here is yet another message from me getting past your filter. I am not a bit interested in your stupid filter. Do it and keep your trap shut.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User