Re: F8 - upgrading impossible

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 11:35 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
As far as I can remember, Linux has always used /mnt/<directory>
instead of using /mnt directory for mounting things.

Since the term "traditionally" was used, I was thinking more along the
lines that "traditionally *ix-like systems did this..." as opposed to
"Fedora does that...", seeing as Fedora is so young it's a bit strange
to use the word "traditionally" with it.  ;-)

Going back further into the thread.  Yes, /mnt *can* be used directly.
But, as always, when you *can* do something, doesn't mean that's the
only way of doing it, and that it *can* affect what else you're doing
with it.  *Of* *course* using /mnt directly will usurp anything mounted
onto a sub-directory in it, beforehand.  But I thought that was as
obvious as "it'll hurt if I hit my thumb with a hammer"...   ;-)

Jim

--
Hickory Dickory Dock,
The mice ran up the clock,