Re: Network install FC7

Craig White wrote:

<snip />

linux install \
 method=http://my_mrepo_server/mrepo/fc7-x86_64/disc1 \
 ks=http://my_http_server/auto.config/ks-fc7-x86_64.cfg

I would expect that the NFS install should work as well but I simply
can't test it out until well into next week as my primary concern is
getting the various f8 local repository mirrors all functional and
installs/updates rockin.

I have successfully installed f7 several times using pxeboot and nfs.

The nfs server contains the F-7-i386-DVD.iso and a kickstart file, ks.cfg.

I network boot the target machine and let it rip. Takes about 5 minutes to do a Base install onto a low end white box. The iso is not mounted, it is just present within an nfs exported directory.

Here is the boot stanza from the tftp server:

LABEL f7 kickstart
        MENU LABEL Install f7 w/ ^kickstart
        KERNEL images/vmlinuz vga=0x317
APPEND ksdevice=eth0 load_ramdisk=1 initrd=images/initrd.img network ks=nfs:nfs:/exports/f7/ks.cfg

Works great!

:m)