Re: nvidia

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:11:29 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In a reasonable OS, a binary blob that worked today would work again tomorrow.

I think the word you're looking for is moribund.

	Frank Cox is one of many out of touch with reality. The Reality is that 95% of your friends use Windows and the send you stuff they really like. If you stick with Frank you will never see or hear those things. The pure Fedora viewer and music player are bad. I have VLC with the codex library which is illegal and will get me 20 years in jail. At 72 years old that would about do it. But VLC pays DVD movies and every kind of file known to Windows. I would have Windows on this computer if it was not for VLC.
I would not be on this F7 if it were not for the Nvidia drivers they make available. And you Frank hate them. Because they do not provide you with their source code.

Another thing you hate is Thunderbird because it does not ship with it's source code. But if you took a pole of Fedora users today you will find a large percentage are using T-Bird.

Be reasonable. There are things in the world better than what Fedora can produce and these things that are free should be embraced not spit upon.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User