Re: Grub Manual

Les Mikesell wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:

You should do your homework now, and make a proper effort at understanding the existing GRUB documentation. It may be difficult to understand (though I don't find it so),

Is there a sure-fire way to know the right 'root (hdx,0)' invocation when you are installing grub on the 2nd disk of a raid1 pair when you expect the drive id to shift in case the primary drive dies (scsi) or when you don't (ide)? Of course in the IDE case many failure modes will make the machine not boot until you remove the dead one, in which case you might as well shift it to the primary position anyway, and you'd still like it to boot.

I think grub pretty much follows the BIOS.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait