Re: Grub Manual

Karl Larsen wrote:

Back a few years ago I did teach classes at Stanford U and NMSU

I once had a lecturer who was so poor that the students (and it was quite a small class, 20 or so professionals) came close to revolting.

later. I did my homework and was ahead of all my students. I kind of wonder about rday since he has told me there is only one root. Made a BFD of it too.

You should do your homework now, and make a proper effort at understanding the existing GRUB documentation. It may be difficult to understand (though I don't find it so), programmers are notoriously poor at writing documentation, but it is written by someone who knows the topic. Some points may lack clarity, perhaps because the author expects to reader to know more than you already do, but I don't think it likely to have many errors.

Be aware that this version of grub is not being enhanced, the authors have decided the approach is wrong and have started again. It's unlikely they would add your contributions to the existing documentation.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait