Emacs Configuration & Emacs Splash Screen

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to configure Emacs so that when
you either <alt>+<tab> between windows or you 'hover' your cursor over
the top of an Emacs window in the taskbar you can get name of the file
to be produced instead of the more traditional
"emacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" as it is on my machine.

This way when <alt>+<tab>'ing between multiple Emacs windows I am not
guessing as to which one I will end up on.

Also, since doing my fresh install to F7 I have a "splash" screen of
sorts when I open up a text file with Emacs, in order to edit the file I
need to enter <ctrl>+<l> and this displays the file on the screen. Does
anyone know of a way to change this behaviour so Emacs goes straight to
the file and bypasses the "splash" screen.

Thanks for your assistance.

All the best.

Cheers,
Tony Crouch