Re: Grub Manual

Alan M. Evans wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 13:55 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
heh.  indeed.  when i'm teaching intro linux (and, yes, as frightening
as it sounds, i actually train people in the use of linux), i'm
typically *very* careful about my terminology:

/			*the* root directory
/root			*root's* home directory
/home     		*the* home directory, as opposed to ...
/home/fred		*fred's* home directory

  distinguishing between these early saves all sorts of grief down the
road.
    God help his students :-)

Why? Because he defines terms early and uses those terms consistently
from then on? Yeah, his students are in big trouble.

Perhaps you perhaps prefer instructors that poorly define and misuse
terminology? Wait! Let me see those docs of yours again...

Back a few years ago I did teach classes at Stanford U and NMSU later. I did my homework and was ahead of all my students. I kind of wonder about rday since he has told me there is only one root. Made a BFD of it too.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User