Re: SELinux Attack!

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
On 12/10/2007, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Attack occurred 2 days AFTER I turned SELinux from off to passive
mode. The computer is in almost unusable shape.

    If you want to see anything let me know. I will send it. I am going
to see what dmesg has to say.

What precisely is the problem? All you have conveyed so far is:

a) You're getting the ip6tables error message on boot indicating that
protocol 51 is unmatched (this is nothing serious).

b) Cups failed to start

c) Thunderbird took a long time to load.

And for some reason, you think SElinux is at the heart of the
troubles, but you haven't yet explained what made you reach that
conclusion. You need to be much more precise in describing your
problem if you want people to help you.

Is the problem simply that your machine is exhibiting a high load and
so is very slow?

Yes the ONLY problem is that a F7 that was working just fine all by itself found it can not locate cups. After 10 minutes it does find cups but then it can't find sendmail for around 5 minutes. Then it comes up very slow and when clear up into xwindows it still doesn't all work. When it got to a point I could operate the SELinux control panels I tried to turn SELinux off. To see what happens. Well just now looking at dmesg the dam SELinux is not turned off! So what is the best way to make sure this thing is turned off?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User