Re: Request Regarding the "Remove SELinux" Thread

on 9/22/2007 3:31 PM, taharka wrote:
> How do,
>
> On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 11:56 -0400, David Boles wrote:
>
>> Since AppArmor is maintained by Novell. And Novell and Microsoft openly
>> sleep together do you feel comfortable with that situation.
>
> Being that the following is in your header,

> Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:56:43 -0400
> From: David Boles <dgboles@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Your point is? ;-)

Clever of you.  ;-)

I duel boot (Rawhide) for my general personal use and Windows XP
Pro for my work needs. That email, and this one too as a matter of fact,
were both written in Thunderbird from a Windows XP PRO OS platform. I use
TB as my email client and Firefox as my browser because they are available
in both platforms. Make sense to you?

There are certain applications that I use for my work that are 'true'
Windows only. They will not run in WINE. They will not run in XEN. They
will not run in VMware. And since my job feeds me, pays the bills, those
sorts of things, and Linux does/can not, I use what is needed to get the
job done.

I'm not a Linux only zealot but I do use it when I can. The OS that runs
on a computer, and the computer itself, are tools for me. I use the tool
that does the job. I don't try to drive nails with a screwdriver.

Fair enough?  8-)
--

  David