VNC help?

Hello group,

I need help understanding the ideas and practical bit of accessing my computer
while I'm on the road.

I can run the VNC service (in F7) on my computer, can access it across the LAN,
and can access a public site where their VNC server is running.

Tha part I don't understand is whether I need my ISP to park an IP address on me
and if not what do I do? Do I need to get a domain name? or what?

References to tutorial material much appreciated.

Dave

--
In the world?s anti-Bush zones it is fashionable to regard him as an imperialist
redneck of limited intellectual capacities. -- George Ross in Le Monde Diplomatique